Apr 27, 2012

We've Come a Long Way Baby!

 This is Helen today! She's looks so good & is so happy I can't even believe she's the same dog we took in 4 months ago.  She is ready to find that forever home & live out her years chasing birds & snuggling on the couch.  She's gone from a dog I thought I'd never get healthy again to a happy-go-lucky, healthy girl.  The biggest news...THE TAIL IS HEALED!!!!  I can't believe we did it, but we saved her tail.  She's been bandage free for almost a month now & the hair is growing back. 
She is outdoor & bird crazy. She spends hours running around our yard with her butt & tail wiggling.  My husband took her out hunting several times in February & boy did she have fun.  Unfortunately, Helen is gun shy.  The gun goes off & she comes running to your feet...so a lot of the trips were just him carrying it & letting her find birds & have fun.  With the right love & care, I really think she could come around.  She just needs to learn to trust the person with the gun & learn how fun the bird game can be.

SHE NEEDS HER FOREVER HOME!  I know there is the perfect family out there for her.  She's been neglected & mistreated for so long, she deserves that happy family!  Helen is house broken & crate trained.  She's learned to come & sit...not so good on the stay part though.  She's a lover & very playful.  Kongs, our Pointer & my 2 small kids are her favorite play things.  I've even taught her to fetch a tennis ball.  She's wonderful with my kids (3yr & 6yr) and will even let them take the ball out of her mouth. She will need an active family, she's full of "it" but once you wear her out she's just the best snuggler...although she does like to bonk you  in the face with her wet nose to get your attention.  She also has these really cute noises she makes in her sleep. You can't help but smile when you hear them.

Everyone at the vet & the groomer just love her.  They can't believe how calm & easy-going she is for them. My in-laws are retired GSP breeders, so there's been many a GSP in & out of their lives.  My husband & FIL will tell you Helen Jane is top 5 for them.  They thinks she's wonderful.  I can't wait for her to meet that perfect family & finally get her forever after she deserves.